Medicinal Roots Magazine (MRM) encourages all article submissions addressing any topic related to the practice of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). Submissions can be made via email to email@example.com
All submissions must include verifiable contact and registration credentials (i.e. R.Ac, R.TCM.P, Dr.TCM, student, or other as recognised by the submitting author's provincial/state licensing board), along with a short bio (50 words) and optional colour photo/headshot.
When Submitting articles for review, please consider the following guidelines
- Any previously published material will not be considered for publication with Medicinal Roots Magazine. All articles submitted must be original works not currently under review or accepted for publication by another journal. Likewise, any works submitted that have been previously posted to a blog, website, large social-network, or other, will be considered as "published" and will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must not be commercial or promotional with respect to products or services. Any references to such will either be omitted or reworded in general terms. For paid advertorial information, please contact us and/or visit our advertising page for further details.
- Article submissions that rely/refer to published research or other material that is not the author's own should be accompanied by complete references. Please check all references to ensure they are accurate and formatted appropriately before submitting your article.
- Although there is no set length for article submissions, submissions of approximately 1,000 words are encouraged, and may be inclusive of above stated references. Longer articles may be accepted for publication as a series of articles (or parts) for multiple publication issues. If you are addressing a topic that requires a great deal of detail, you may choose to submit individual articles (e.g., part 1, part 2, etc.) for consideration.
- To best assist our graphic design department, we ask that submissions be made as Microsoft Word documents in 11-point Times New Roman font. If you do not have Microsoft Word, text files pasted into the body of an e-mail message will be acceptable.
- If your article contains photos/images/etc., please attach them as separate, individual files and do not embed them into the article itself. Complete captions should also accompany any images you choose to use. Our graphic design department requires images to be high resolution, 300 dpi, 450 x 600 pixels or higher, preferably in .jpg or .tif format. If your images do not meet these requirements, a request will be made that they be resubmitted to meet these requirements. You must have exclusive rights to, and/or ownership of, all photos/images to be used in your submission.
- All submissions are reviewed upon receipt by our editorial panel. You will receive notification in writing (via e-mail) as to whether we are interested in publishing your article and/or if any clarification or re-writing of the article (or it's parts) is deemed necessary. The editorial panel considers various factors in determining if an article should be accepted for publication, including: the topic of the article, its relevancy to the TCM profession and our readership, the qualifications of the author to write on said topic, the overall readability of the article; the uniqueness of the topic with respect to recently published articles and/or content already scheduled for publication; and space restrictions.
- If you wish to reprint or use an article (either whole or in part) after it’s publication, we ask that the article include acknowledgement that it appeared originally in Medicinal Roots Magazine.
- A newly accepted article may not appear in print immediately. Exceptions to this include articles based on time-sensitive or theme specific content. All accepted article submissions not immediately published, will be kept on file for publication in the next most relevant issue of Medicinal Roots Magazine.